This is the last MGM post of the year! For those of you who saw my post last week, you probably saw the one of the very last things that I said on that post: “Stay tuned because you may find a nice surprise on this blog next week!” Well, what’s the surprise you may ask? Well, the surprise is a free game modification! Hooray!! 🙂
The mod is called “Attacks with Spells”. The mod is called this specifically because that is basically what it is: it allows users to attack other users with spells (which are items). With this in mind, I’m sure you mafia game owners have questions in regards to this mod, so I’m going to put the basic questions here on this post to address them:
- What engine does this mod support? – This mod was built for McCodes v2.0.5; however, it can be easily converted to use for other game engines. If you would like a conversion-ed version, please contact me and I can help you out! 🙂
- What are the new database tables? – There is one new database table that I made for this mod.
- What database tables need to be updated? – There are a couple of database tables that need to be updated. The tables are items and users.
- What are the new file(s)? – There is one new file. The name is equip_spell.php.
- What files need to be updated? – Well there are several. The files are attack.php, inventory.php, staff_items.php, and unequip.php.
- Where’s the code? – I didn’t post the code. Why is that? Because this blog post would last forever. There are many intricate changes that I made to those files above (especially attack.php) that it is extremely difficult to post this code without really posting the entire file.
- So how can I get this mod? – Contact me! I will gladly give you the mod with all of the information you will need in order to use it properly.
So, maybe this is not exactly what you wanted (as most of you are looking for code), but I started posting the code and it started getting really complex and complicated. So, I thought that for simplicity, contacting me and sending you the files with the updated code already there is the best bet. If you have customized code already, contact me anyways! I can do some comparisons for you with your already customized code in order to make sure that this mod is placed in the correct spot in your code. 🙂
That’s all for now, until next year…keep that tech gear ticking.